Joining Vantage Power (VP) will be a very special experience. Founded in 2011, VP built up a highly talented team who over the years made significant advances in the field of battery pack, control system and connectivity technologies. In 2019 the company was acquired by Allison Transmission – a global leader in propulsion technologies including hybrid and conventional powertrain products.
This acquisition has put VP into the unique position of being able to retain its entrepreneurial, dynamic and close-knit team culture while being backed by an extremely well run and profitable global business. With this comes a level of investment, resource, expertise and international reach that small businesses can only dream of, offering up immense opportunities for career development, training, travel, and the ability to see the fruits of your labour scaled to thousands of vehicles around the world.
This role will work within the embedded controls team developing system control software for electric commercial vehicle powertrains. You will have exposure to the full breadth of the v-cycle and the space to take something from idea right through to on-vehicle validation. Achieving your goals will be challenging but immensely rewarding, and you will be expected to demonstrate a high degree of initiative, autonomy, perseverance and dedication.
Responsibilities and Activities:
• Creating requirements for electric powertrain system control;
• Interpreting functional safety requirements to design control systems logic;
• Development of commercial vehicle electric powertrain control systems algorithms;
• Code generation onto embedded controller using Matlab/Simulink code generation;
• Development of simulation models to test control systems logic and simulate system design;
• SiL and hardware bench testing of embedded control systems software;
• On-vehicle testing of control software, parametrization and tuning;
• Data analysis and fault diagnosis to improve system control software in development.
Skills and Experience
• Experience in developing and testing embedded control algorithms for automotive;
• Experience writing automotive control system requirements;
• Proficient use of Matlab / Simulink;
• Experience with embedded controllers;
• Experience with automotive CAN tools (one of Peak CAN, CANalyser, Softing);
• Experience with SAE J1939 CAN standard;
• Experience with software version control;
• Automotive experience;
• Motivation and enthusiasm for vehicle development alongside excellent problem-solving skills and a desire to take ownership and see work through to a conclusion;
• Good understanding of general engineering principles related to hybrid and electric vehicle technology;
• Strong verbal, written, mathematical and spatial reasoning skills;
• Passionate about attention to detail and ability to deliver high quality content.
• Experience with Matlab/Simulink code generation tools;
• Experience with Plastic SCM and Polarion requirements tools;
• Experience with electric or hybrid powertrain development for commercial vehicles.
Vantage Power explicitly rejects any obligations, conditions or terms and conditions attached to any CV, profile or email. All agreements are subject to contract.
Get in Touch
Unit 7 Greenford Park, Ockham Drive, Greenford London UB6 0FD
+44 (0)208 8130 850