Joining Vantage Power (VP) will be a very special experience. Founded in 2011, VP built up a highly talented team who over the years made significant advances in the field of battery pack, control system and connectivity technologies. In 2019 the company was acquired by Allison Transmission – a global leader in propulsion technologies including hybrid and conventional powertrain products.
This acquisition has put VP into the unique position of being able to retain its entrepreneurial, dynamic and close-knit team culture while being backed by an extremely well run and profitable global business. With this comes a level of investment, resource, expertise and international reach that small businesses can only dream of, offering up immense opportunities for career development, training, travel, and the ability to see the fruits of your labour scaled to thousands of vehicles around the world.
This role revolves around the analysis of data using VP’s industrial IoT platform – VPVision – whether that’s using modelling techniques to optimise the energy management strategy for an electric powertrain, or analysis to spot anomalies that may indicate a component failure. The person will relish the opportunity to relate analytical techniques to real world mechanical/electrical applications, works independently and enjoys solving technical problems on complex systems.
Responsibilities and Activities:
• Obtain a good understanding of how a monitored machine or device works at a component and system level, the problems that need to be solved and the optimisations required;
• Review, understand, clean and analyse data from a variety of device types and sources;
• Building upon the existing cloud architecture, design and trial data analyses concepts that address the issue and handle edge cases;
• Develop new cloud-based analytical solutions to automatically enrich real-time and batch vehicle data;
• Evaluate and use a variety of AWS products, including S3, DynamoDB, EC2 & IoT to create automatic solutions that work with existing architecture and that can scale;
• Establish a testing and validation mechanism that can be used to prove out new solutions;
• Work within cost targets, trade off different approaches and ultimately deploy analysis techniques into a production environment in the cloud or at the edge;
• Interface with the customer, suppliers (such as AWS) or third party developers in the creation of solutions;
• To support the development of new powertrains – work with and understand mechanical and electrical systems within hybrid and electric vehicles;
• Cleaning, analysis and quantification of real-world cloud based data to continually aid and improve development of control algorithms.
Skills and Experience
• Excellent problem-solving skills. Takes ownership of problems and sees them through to a conclusion;
• Good understanding of general engineering principles related to hybrid and electric vehicle technology;
• Strong verbal, written, mathematical and spatial reasoning skills;
• Organised, data-driven and an analytical mind;
• Experience with AWS or similar cloud technology;
• Ability to create and understand complex analytical and simulation models;
• Proficiency using Python or similar high level programming language;
• Experience with relational and non-relational databases;
• Experience with data visualisation and presentation;
• Motivated, enthusiastic and interested by the industry and products;
• Passionate about attention to detail and delivery of high quality content.
• Automotive industry experience;
• An understanding of lead acid and lithium-ion batteries;
• Experience with big data tools e.g. Hadoop, Cassandra;
• Experience with cloud-based data analysis tools;
• Experience building machine learning models and using advanced statistical techniques;
• Experience with National Instruments Diadem, Matlab/Simulink.
Vantage Power explicitly rejects any obligations, conditions or terms and conditions attached to any CV, profile or email. All agreements are subject to contract.
Get in Touch
Unit 7 Greenford Park, Ockham Drive, Greenford London UB6 0FD
+44 (0)208 8130 850