This role involves a diverse range of design and testing tasks for a talented, flexible and passionate engineer with experience in electronics, electrical and control engineering. This person must relish the challenge of producing outstanding results on his/her own without the need for constant supervision.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK. Candidates already in the UK and working under a Tier 2 Sponsorship will also be considered.
Responsibilities and Activities:
• Evaluate Battery Management System (BMS) module level electronics for integration with various Lithium-ion cell chemistries;
• Test of electronics to automotive standards – both in-house and external certification testing;
• Battery pack level power distribution design for both high and low voltages including schematic capture;
• Electrical harness design for manufacture;
• Capture requirements based on automotive standards;
• Electrical system design and integration for automotive vehicles;
• Liaise with Mechanical, Controls and Testing departments to ensure smooth and reliable electronics systems integration;
• Electrical integration and schematic capture for a variety of automotive and system bench-testing application.
Skills and Experience
• Mechanical, electrical, electronic or equivalent engineering honours degree;
• Experience with lithium-ion batteries and battery management systems;
• Experience with low level communication protocols and standards;
• Experience with schematic and harness capture;
• Experience with automotive electronics and sensors;
• Relevant automotive industry experience.
• Experience with embedded controllers;
• Experience with road vehicle and drivetrain control systems;
• Experience with ISO16750 standard;
• Experience with GMW3172 specifications.
Vantage Power explicitly rejects any obligations, conditions or terms and conditions attached to any CV, profile or email. All agreements are subject to contract.