This role involves a diverse range of design and testing tasks for a talented, flexible and passionate engineer with experience in electronics, electrical and control engineering. This person must relish the challenge of producing outstanding results on his/her own without the need for constant supervision.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK. Candidates already in the UK and working under a Tier 2 Sponsorship will also be considered.
Responsibilities and Activities:
• Evaluate Battery Management System (BMS) module level electronics for integration with various Lithium-ion cell chemistries;
• Test of electronics to automotive standards – both in-house and external certification testing;
• Battery pack level power distribution design for both high and low voltages including schematic capture;
• Electrical harness design for manufacture;
• Capture requirements based on automotive standards;
• Electrical system design and integration for automotive vehicles;
• Liaise with Mechanical, Controls and Testing departments to ensure smooth and reliable electronics systems integration;
• Electrical integration and schematic capture for a variety of automotive and system bench-testing application.
Skills and Experience
• Mechanical, electrical, electronic or equivalent engineering honours degree;
• Experience with lithium-ion batteries and battery management systems;
• Experience with low level communication protocols and standards;
• Experience with schematic and harness capture;
• Experience with automotive electronics and sensors;
• Relevant automotive industry experience.
• Experience with embedded controllers;
• Experience with road vehicle and drivetrain control systems;
• Experience with ISO16750 standard;
• Experience with GMW3172 specifications.
Vantage Power explicitly rejects any obligations, conditions or terms and conditions attached to any CV, profile or email. All agreements are subject to contract.
Get in Touch
Unit 7 Greenford Park, Ockham Drive, Greenford London UB6 0FD
+44 (0)208 8130 850