You will be part of the Mechanical Engineering Team working on lithium-ion battery related projects. You will report directly to the Chief Mechanical Engineer and your project lead. Achieving your goals will be challenging but immensely rewarding, and you will be expected to demonstrate a high degree of initiative, autonomy, perseverance and dedication.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK. Candidates already in the UK and working under Tier 2 Sponsorship will also be considered.
Responsibilities and Activities:
• Design for manufacture of components and assemblies for battery system projects;
• System sizing and electrical component choice for new battery systems;
• FEA of designed components;
• Documenting design requirements, undertaking design reviews and creating assembly drawings;
• Conducting creepage and clearance analysis for high voltage systems;
• Vehicle integration activities including duty cycle analysis.
Skills and Experience
• Mechanical Engineering Honours Degree or similar;
• A solid command of a 3D CAD modelling software preferably Autodesk Inventor;
• Confident grasp of drawing for manufacture and GDT, preferably to BS8888;
• Experience and confidence in FEA;
• Good knowledge of manufacturing techniques for sheet metal, extrusions, plastic components and machining;
• Appreciation of different cell formats and chemistries.
• Experience in automotive hybrid/electric powertrains;
• Experience with large lithium-ion battery systems;
• Module/battery design experience;
• In depth knowledge of cell welding techniques.
Vantage Power explicitly rejects any obligations, conditions or terms and conditions attached to any CV, profile or email. All agreements are subject to contract.