You will be a part of the Test Engineering team, responsible for conducting component & system level testing of Vantage Power’s hybrid powertrain systems. You should have relevant experience carrying out test and experimental work in an R&D environment and be comfortable with using basic test equipment and operating test rigs.
Responsibilities and Activities:
• Working with the Chief Test Engineer to carry out test programs of current and future VP systems and technologies;
• Undertake the design and building of necessary test rigs;
• Carry out test work and capture relevant data;
• Present test data to Mechanical Engineering and ESS teams, and carry out further analysis if required;
• Assist with vehicle commissioning and durability testing at test tracks or with trial customers.
Skills and Experience
• Honors degree in mechanical/electrical/automotive engineering, physics, or similar;
• Experience in the engineering/science industry, ideally in a test oriented role;
• A thoughtful and logical approach to problem solving and understanding of scientific method for conducting test/experimental work;
• Evidence of good data recording and analysis skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Able to use basic test equipment, e.g. oscilloscopes, multimeters, power supplies, temperature/pressure/flow sensors;
• Basic knowledge of LV & HV electrical systems, hydraulics, and pneumatics;
• Hands-on mechanical/workshop skills (for building test rigs and working on test vehicles).
• Experience in the Automotive/Commercial vehicle industry;
• Knowledge/understanding of vehicle systems, such as CAN;
• Experience with NI software, e.g. LabView, DAQExpress, DIAdem;
• Experience with MATLAB or Python;
• Experience with 3D CAD (Autodesk Inventor);
• Holds a PCV licence.
Vantage Power explicitly rejects any obligations, conditions or terms and conditions attached to any CV, profile or email. All agreements are subject to contract.
Get in Touch
Unit 7 Greenford Park, Ockham Drive, Greenford London UB6 0FD
+44 (0)208 8130 850