Vantage Power’s customer support software has the ability to provide high quality content, readily available and intuitively linked. Data is captured in a variety of forms; streaming, from the customer base, through general use and from the Vantage Power engineering and support teams. The Vehicle Data Scientist will ensure that the content being loaded into the software has the quality and integrity demanded.Responsibilities and Activities:
- Create real-time online anomaly detection and trend detection data models;
- Create real-time online energy usage descriptive statistics;
- Use machine learning to inform energy management strategies;
- Use machine learning to identify bus route and driver intention;
- Manipulate data in scripts to provide insightful outputs;
- Create online dashboards to monitor vehicles;
- Manage databases to correctly store data.
Skills and Experience
- Engineering Honours Degree or similar;
- Strong knowledge of Matlab / Datameer (or similar) and/or statistical programming language like R or Python, scenario analysis and also data visualisation techniques;
- Generation of scripts to acquire/access data from data stores;
- Be able to process large amounts of data from multiple sources in an organized and logical manner;
- Experience using machine learning methods and techniques;
- Proficient with the use of AWS environment;
- Good knowledge of data processing tools: Amazon Kinesis, AWS IoT etc., Amazon Machine Learning;
- Good knowledge of databases including big data databases e.g. Apache Cassandra, MapReduce, DynamoDB, etc;
- Basic understanding of automotive powertrains.
- Experience in automotive or hybrid powertrains;
- Experience with embedded devices and AWS IOT.
Vantage Power explicitly rejects any obligations, conditions or terms and conditions attached to any CV, profile or email. All agreements are subject to contract.