You will be a part of the packaging design team, designing the integration of the B320 hybrid powertrain into different vehicle models. You should have relevant experience in integrating automotive engine and powertrain components and be comfortable with design-for-manufacture processes and practices. Designing new parts from scratch, validating designs using appropriate analysis tools, creating manufacturing drawings and overseeing the manufacturing of the parts should be second nature to you.Responsibilities and Activities:
- Design for manufacture of mountings for engine bay components;
- FEA of designed components;
- Creating assembly drawings and instructions for production;
- Designing integration of critical powertrain components e.g. diesel engine and transmission.
Skills and Experience
- Mechanical Engineering Honours Degree or similar;
- A solid command of a 3D CAD modelling software preferably Autodesk Inventor;
- Experience in vehicle build programs preferably in heavy-duty sector;
- Confident grasp of drawing for manufacture and GDT;
- Experience and confidence in FEA;
- Good knowledge of manufacturing techniques for sheet metal and extrusions.
- Hands-on experience with operating workshop machinery (i.e. lathe, mill, grinders etc.) is desirable.
- Experience with automotive hybrid and/or electric powertrains.
Vantage Power explicitly rejects any obligations, conditions or terms and conditions attached to any CV, profile or email. All agreements are subject to contract.