Manufacturing Design Engineer for Energy Storage Systems. You will be a part of the battery design team, designing for manufacture components for the energy storage system that is at the heart of the hybrid drivetrain. You should have relevant experience in design for manufacture and have been through the process of taking prototype parts through to production. Validating designs using appropriate analysis tools, creating manufacturing drawings and overseeing the manufacturing of the parts should be second nature to you.Responsibilities and Activities:
- Design for manufacture of components for Energy Storage System;
- FEA of designed components;
- Creating manufacturing and assembly drawings for manufacturing and production;
- Cost down design of existing prototype components for high volume manufacturing.
Skills and Experience
- Mechanical Engineering Honours Degree or similar;
- A solid command of a 3D CAD modeling software preferably Autodesk Inventor;
- Experience in design for manufacture;
- Confident grasp of drawing for manufacture and GDT;
- Experience and confidence in FEA;
- Good knowledge of manufacturing techniques for plastic parts.
- Experience in high voltage automotive battery design;
- Experience in design for fluid assemblies and sealing techniques.
Vantage Power explicitly rejects any obligations, conditions or terms and conditions attached to any CV, profile or email. All agreements are subject to contract.