You will be a part of the Senior Management Team comprising the CEO, CTO and CFO, managing the supply chain, production and customer operations, and will report directly to the CEO and board of directors, which you may be asked to join. Achieving your goals will be challenging but immensely rewarding, and you will be expected to demonstrate a high degree of initiative, autonomy, perseverance and dedication.Responsibilities and Activities:
- Manage and build up major operational aspects of the business which include:
• Supply Chain Team: sourcing of suppliers and manufacturers for off-the-shelf components and VP-designed components/assemblies. Ensure supply chain activity dovetails well with the production, sales and customer requirements.
• Production Team: responsible for manufacturing battery packs in-house and contracting out the assembly of substantial systems to a UK-based manufacturing partner.
• Customer Operations Team: responsible for delivering finished hybrid retrofit units to bus OEMs and buses awaiting retrofit, system installation, and on-going support and maintenance.
• Workshop Team: responsible for building and testing prototypes and involved with retrofit and support to customers.
• Premises: ensure VP premises and facilities are kept safe, clean and with a well maintained layout, and support the company’s ambitions.
• Health and Safety: ensure that the company and the facilities it works in are always safe, and free from undue hazard. ;
- Develop and implement new business processes including leading efforts to achieve ISO9001 accreditation;
- Play an active role in senior level recruitment;
- Spearhead innovative processes and products to leapfrog the competition and remain a leader of the industry;
- Prepare and submit 6-monthly budgets to the CFO for review and approval, manage effectively within this budget, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered;
- Develop and implement innovative cost saving and profit optimising ways of operating;
- Work with the CEO to expand VP activities abroad;
- Oversee the maintenance and continual improvement of the company’s IT systems.
Skills and Experience
- Experience supervising seasoned staff across multiple teams, with experience in at least two of the following areas: supply chain management, production/manufacturing and customer service/operations;
- Strong relationship builder and communicator with the ability to understand and project the company’s vision and ambitions;
- Ability to rapidly identify commercial risks and bottlenecks, and a proven ability to motivate your staff and intelligently use resources to overcome them;
- Experience of reviewing and negotiating supply contracts, service level agreements and other legal documentation;
- A solid command of Word, Excel and Powerpoint with the ability to create Excel-based models, and accurate, concise reports;
- Excellent presentational skills.
- Experience of managing the process to ISO9001 accreditation;
- First-hand knowledge of the UK bus industry;
- Experience in high growth technology businesses.
Vantage Power explicitly rejects any obligations, conditions or terms and conditions attached to any CV, profile or email. All agreements are subject to contract.