An exciting opportunity to join a fast growing, award winning company with a distinct heritage in the hybrid vehicle engineering sector. Vantage Power is responsible for designing, building and delivering a unique diesel-electric hybrid driveline for heavy-duty vehicles. The technology areas of the company focus on innovative lithium-ion battery pack design and manufacturing, diesel engine integration, systems engineering, vehicle mechanical integration, cooling systems, hybrid vehicle control, electronics and electrical engineering.
The role involves a diverse range of design and testing tasks for a talented, flexible and passionate engineer with experience in electronics, electrical and control engineering. This person must relish the challenge of producing outstanding results on his own without the need for constant supervision.Responsibilities and Activities:
- Capture requirements based on automotive standards;
- Design review of existing automotive electronic hardware;
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB) and schematic layout design of front end electronics for automotive controller hardware;
- Test of designed automotive electronics to automotive standards – both in-house and out-house certification testing;
- Electrical system design for automotive vehicles;
- Power distribution design for both high and low voltages;
- Electrical harness design for manufacture.
Skills and Experience
- Mechanical, electrical, electronic or equivalent engineering honours degree;
- Relevant automotive industry experience;
- Experience with embedded controllers;
- Experience with low level communication protocols (SPI, I2C, CAN, etc.) and standards;
- Experience with automotive electronics and sensors;
- Experience with ISO16750-2 standard.
- National Instruments sbRIO-9651 SoM and LabVIEW ideally with RT/FPGA programming;
- Experience with road vehicle and drivetrain control systems;
- Experience with lithium-ion batteries and battery management systems;
- Experience with CE / ‘e-mark’ certifications.
Vantage Power explicitly rejects any obligations, conditions or terms and conditions attached to any CV, profile or email. All agreements are subject to contract.