You will be a part of the Mechanical Engineering team, responsible for component & system design of Vantage Power’s hybrid powertrain systems. You should have relevant experience in integrating automotive engine and powertrain components and be comfortable with design-for-manufacture processes and practices. Designing new parts from scratch, validating designs using appropriate analysis tools, creating manufacturing drawings and overseeing the manufacturing of the parts should be second nature to you.Responsibilities and Activities:
- Creating system specifications as part of the wider engineering team;
- Design and integration of critical powertrain components;
- Carry out FEA of designed components;
- Documenting design requirements and undertaking detailed design reviews with all stakeholders;
- Creating assembly drawings and instructions for production;
- Working with Test Engineering to provide design validation;
- Working with suppliers to meet design specifications.
Skills and Experience
- Mechanical Engineering Honours Degree or similar;
- A solid command of 3D CAD & PLM software, preferably Autodesk Inventor/Vault, with experience of large CAD assemblies;
- Autonomy, sense of urgency and good prioritisation skills;
- High attention to detail;
- Confident grasp of drawing for manufacture and GDT, preferably to BS8888;
- Experience and confidence in FEA;
- Proven knowledge of a variety of manufacturing techniques and materials.
- Experience in Automotive/Commercial vehicle industry;
- Hands-on experience with operating workshop machinery (e.g. lathe, mill, grinder, etc.).
Vantage Power explicitly rejects any obligations, conditions or terms and conditions attached to any CV, profile or email. All agreements are subject to contract.