You will be a part of the Test Engineering team, responsible for conducting component & system level testing of Vantage Power’s hybrid powertrain systems. You should have relevant experience carrying out test and experimental work in an R&D environment and be comfortable with using basic test equipment and operating test rigs.Responsibilities and Activities:
- Working with the Chief Test Engineer to carry out test programs of current and future VP systems and technologies;
- Undertake the design and building of necessary test rigs;
- Carry out test work and capture relevant data;
- Present test data to Mechanical Engineering and ESS teams, and carry out further analysis if required;
- Assist with vehicle commissioning and durability testing at test tracks or with trial customers.
Skills and Experience
- Honors degree in mechanical/electrical/automotive engineering, physics, or similar;
- Experience in the engineering/science industry, ideally in a test oriented role;
- A thoughtful and logical approach to problem solving and understanding of scientific method for conducting test/experimental work;
- Evidence of good data recording and analysis skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to use basic test equipment, e.g. oscilloscopes, multimeters, power supplies, temperature/pressure/flow sensors;
- Basic knowledge of LV & HV electrical systems, hydraulics, and pneumatics;
- Hands-on mechanical/workshop skills (for building test rigs and working on test vehicles).
- Experience in the Automotive/Commercial vehicle industry;
- Knowledge/understanding of vehicle systems, such as CAN;
- Experience with NI software, e.g. LabView, DAQExpress, DIAdem;
- Experience with MATLAB or Python;
- Experience with 3D CAD (Autodesk Inventor);
- Holds a PCV licence.
Vantage Power explicitly rejects any obligations, conditions or terms and conditions attached to any CV, profile or email. All agreements are subject to contract.