VP Vision is forged from the idea that the future of energy efficient public transport is only going to be made possible through the effective use of data. Using the latest cloud based IT architecture, we are obtaining, analysing and presenting vehicle data in a way that has not been done before. We are gaining insights that have never been possible and through VP Vision we can transfer this capability directly to our customers. Today VP Vision is in the early stages of an exciting and ground breaking product roadmap. We are already offering an unparalleled service to the bus industry but more importantly we have laid the foundations to deliver more new features in the months and years to come.
As we continue to develop VP Vision we have a number of simple aims:
- Optimise the running of hybrid and electric vehicles.
- Prevent failures to maximise vehicle availability.
- In the event of failure, ensure the quickest and most efficient diagnosis and resolution.
- Ensure minimal spare parts need to be held by our customers.
- Provide the best and most accessible training to those working on the vehicles.
- Reduce the administrative burden and provide advanced capabilities such as:
- Predictive maintenance
- Machine Learning
The diagram below displays the initial phases of VP Vision and the different areas that are being catered for.